Thursday, October 28, 2010

Refashion: Plain cardigan into girly knit top

How I love craft blog! I've been following this awesome blog, www.rufflesandstuff.com. The owner, Disney, is very creative (check out her blog and you'll be amazed) and very kind to share her works. I refashioned my cardigan using her tutorial here


So, here's the BEFORE photo:

 
My collections of plain cardigans has started to lost control, I have them in practically all colors and I even have more than one piece for some colors. The idea of collecting too many of the knitted-long sleeves outwear doesn't make any sense, specially when living in a tropical country like Indonesia, where even in the worst rainy season, it's still get quite hot.

This black cardigan has been sitting in my closet for a while and I want to make a better use of it. So I cut the sleeves (the tutorial can be found in www.rufflesandstuff.com too) and add a bit of glamor on the neckline.

Here's what it looks like AFTER 45 minutes or so. (photos were taken in a car, on my way to meet a client)

 
with the bow pin (see the shortened sleeve?)


 
with rosette pin

..love- Ita

No comments:

Post a Comment