Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Refashion: Mommy's dress into tiny dress with braided collar

I love the idea of refashioning old clothes and turn them into something new. So when I read an amazing tutorial from one of my favorite blog, www.makeit-love-it.com, I just knew that I had to make this cute braided collar dress for my little girl.

This is my old dress. I practically lived in it, until it had holes on the front. I didn't have a heart to throw it away, so it had been sitting in my closet for a while.


So, after a bit of snips here and there..VOILA! A new dress for Felly. This morning before leaving for work, I asked her to model it for me. Being just woken up, she was not so thrilled about the idea..

Felly: are you kiddin', mom??

Only after breakfast, she got warmed up and ready to strike few poses.





I really wished I could do the 5-strands braid, but unfortunately I didn't have enough fabric. I still had a bit of scrap fabrics, so I made a flower with vintage button. So glad that Felly likes the dress.

..love-Ita

No comments:

Post a Comment